Students taking proctored exams with an on-site proctor (either an online or paper exam) are responsible for the following:
- Be prepared. Call the proctor the day before to be sure the proctor has the exam.
- If you have a disability requiring exam accommodations, be sure that your paperwork is on file with the WSU Access Center and that you review the For Students with Exam Accommodations section below.
- Check your course More Information page to be sure you know what materials are allowed during the exam. Ensure you have all resources necessary for completing the exam. Do not bring items that are not permitted.
- You can access the course More Information page through the link in the course syllabus or by selecting the More Information link listed below the course in the Schedules of Classes.
- Check in early. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- Have personal identification, ready to show the proctor before taking an exam.
- Arrange for child care ahead of time. Students may not have children or infants in their testing area during an exam.
- Review the information regarding how your proctor can return your exam to WSU.
- Understand WSU’s Standard of Conduct.
- Take care of bathroom and other personal matters before starting the exam.
- Leave purses, backpacks, hats, notebooks, cell phones, and other electronic devices outside the testing area.
- Be sure to review any additional policies the on-site proctor may have.
- Only use materials that are allowed during the exam (for example, use of a calculator or whiteboard). Do not use items that are not permitted.
- Take the exam without assistance from other individuals, reference books, or notes, unless otherwise specified on the exam.
- Remain in the testing area until you’ve completed the exam; the exam will be considered complete once you leave the room.
- Each page of the exam must be identified with your name and WSU ID number.
Students with accommodations through the WSU Access Center are responsible for the following:
- Confirm that your accommodation paperwork is on file with Global Campus Proctoring Services and that the proctor has the exam disability accommodations you need.
- Notify GCPS at firstname.lastname@example.org of any accommodations that you will be using that require an on-site proctor.
- For online exams, confirm that any time extension accommodations have been added in the course space at least 24 hours before your proctoring session.
- If the time extension accommodations have not been added, do not start the exam and reach out to your instructor to have them extend the time.
- If the exam is not in Canvas (e.g. ALEKS, Launchpad, MyMathLab, etc.), please confirm the time extension with your instructor before taking the exam.
Note: If you find that your exam accommodation was not provided, please contact your instructor or your Access Center Advisor.