Students taking proctored exams with an on-site proctor (either an online or paper exam) are responsible for the following:
Before Arriving at the Proctor’s Site
- Be prepared. Call the proctor the day before to be sure the proctor has the exam.
- If you have a disability requiring exam accommodations, be sure that your paperwork is on file with the WSU Access Center and that the proctor has the exam disability accommodations you need. Visit Disability Accommodations.
- Check the information in the course space to ensure you have all resources necessary for completing the exam. Do not bring items that are not permitted.
- Check in early. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- Have personal identification with you.
- Arrange for child care ahead of time. Students may not have children or infants in their testing area during an exam.
- If your request is within ten business days of your proposed exam date, you are responsible for providing the proctor with postage and a mailer to return the completed exam and any exam materials (including any additional materials used for online exams).
- If you have received approval from GCPS for the proctor to scan and email your completed exam back to GCPS, be sure to bring a pen with dark ink so your work will be legible to the grader.
- Understand WSU’s Standard of Conduct.
Once You Arrive at the On-Site Proctor’s Location
- Take care of bathroom and other personal matters before to the exam.
- Leave purses, backpacks, hats, notebooks, cell phones, and other electronic devices outside the testing area.
- Be sure to review any additional policies the on-site proctor may have.
- Discuss any special exam disability accommodations you may have with the proctor (example: taking a break during the exam, extended exam time). Visit Disability Accommodations.
- Take the exam without assistance from other individuals, reference books, or notes, unless otherwise specified on the exam.
- If you have been approved to have your exam returned by scanning and emailing, each page of the exam must be identified with your name and WSU ID number.
- Remain in the testing area until you’ve completed the exam; the exam will be considered complete if you leave the room.