Note: Beginning with the Summer 2023 term, ProctorU will be transitioning to the ProctorU Guardian Browser. Students will no longer utilize a Chrome or Firefox extension when accessing exams through ProctorU. Students will now access their exams through the ProctorU Guardian Browser. Please allow at least 30 minutes for installation and troubleshooting.
Note: Students will pay $5 per ProctorU session for exams hosted in Canvas. There are a small number of exams hosted in third-party platforms, and the fee for those will be $10 per ProctorU session.
If your syllabus indicates that your exams can be proctored by the virtual proctoring service, or that you are required to use the virtual proctoring service, there are a few things you’ll need to know:
- ProctorU is WSU’s virtual proctoring service.
- Virtual proctoring with ProctorU allows you to take your online exams in a private, quiet location with reliable high-speed internet connection.
- You are allowed to use your own computer, equipped with a working webcam, speakers, and microphone, provided it meets ProctorU’s equipment requirements.
- You need to have a reliable Internet connection, and the ProctorU Guardian Browser.
- Because academic integrity is important to us, please be aware that virtual proctoring sessions are recorded.
- At the end of the exam you will be offered an opportunity to provide feedback to ProctorU via a survey. Note completion of this survey is optional.
To get started, visit Preparing for Your ProctorU Session.