Note: There is no cost to students for virtual proctoring in Global Campus courses through the Summer 2022 term.
Beginning in the Fall 2022 term, students will pay $5 per ProctorU session for exams hosted in Canvas. There are a small number of exams hosted in third-party platforms, and the fee for those will be $10 per ProctorU session.
Note: ProctorU will undergo scheduled maintenance throughout the remainder of the year. The ProctorU platform may not be available during these windows. Please plan accordingly for the proctored exams in your course. Review the planned maintenance schedule.
If your syllabus indicates that your exams can be proctored by the virtual proctoring service, or that you are required to use the virtual proctoring service, there are a few things you’ll need to know:
- ProctorU is WSU’s virtual proctoring service.
- Virtual proctoring with ProctorU allows you to take your online exams in a private, quiet location with reliable high-speed internet connection.
- You are allowed to use your own computer, equipped with a working webcam, speakers, and microphone, provided it meets ProctorU’s equipment requirements.
- You need to have a reliable Internet connection, and the current version of Chrome.
- Because academic integrity is important to us, please be aware that virtual proctoring sessions are recorded.
- At the end of the exam you will be offered an opportunity to provide feedback to ProctorU via a survey. Note completion of this survey is optional.
To get started, visit Preparing for Your ProctorU Session.