Students are required to read and follow the information below before taking an on-site proctored exam.
Students taking proctored exams are responsible for the following:
- Check in early. If your exam is being supervised by a local proctor, arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- Always have personal identification with you and ready to show the proctor when taking an exam.
- If your exam will be proctored virtually, you will be asked to show the proctor a 360-degree view of the room where you are taking the exam, which includes showing your computer monitor or laptop screen and keyboard. A mirror works well, so have one ready. Your desk/work area must be clear of all prohibited materials.
- Arrange for child care and take care of bathroom and other personal matters prior to the exam outside the testing area. Students may not have children or infants in their testing area during an exam.
- Leave purses, backpacks, hats, notebooks, cell phones, and other electronic devices outside the testing area.
- If you are taking a paper exam, have blank paper and pens/pencils available.
- Follow the guidelines provided in the syllabus for other special requirements (such as Writing Portfolio).
- Take the exam without assistance from other individuals, reference books, or notes, unless otherwise specified on the exam.