Note: If you decide to drop a course for which you have a proctored exam session scheduled, you must also cancel your proctored exam to avoid being charged for the session. It will not be cancelled automatically.
Students taking proctored exams with an online proctoring service are responsible for the following:
Before exam time
- If you have a disability requiring exam accommodations, be sure that your paperwork is on file with the WSU Access Center and that the proctor has the exam disability accommodations you need. Learn more at Disability Accommodations.
- Well before the exam time, run the computer requirements check on the same computer you will be using to take the exam.
- Familiarize yourself with your computer’s browser: visit Browser Basics.
- Be prepared. Check in 15 minutes early to ensure that your technology is working properly. Your scheduled exam time is not a tentative time, and if you are late you may experience a delay in your proctoring session, or be asked to reschedule.
- Have personal identification, ready to show the proctor before taking an exam.
- Be sure to read the student responsibilities or directions provided by the online proctoring service.
Here are a few examples of directions you may need to follow:
- Dress appropriately, as if you are taking the exam in a classroom.
- You will be asked to show the proctor a 360-degree view of the room where you are taking the exam, which includes showing your computer monitor or laptop screen and keyboard. You may need a hand mirror.
- Take care of bathroom and other personal matters.
- Arrange for child care ahead of time.
- Leave purses, backpacks, hats, notebooks, cell phones, and other electronic devices outside the testing area.
- Understand WSU’s Standard of Conduct.
During the exam
- Follow the guidelines that your instructor provided in the syllabus for other special requirements (for example, use of a calculator or whiteboard).
- Take the exam without assistance from other individuals, reference books, or notes, unless otherwise specified on the exam.
- Be sure to follow the instructions provided by the online proctoring service.
If you have any questions after reading this information, please contact us at 509-335‑0827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.