Online proctored exams are proctored by Examity®, a trusted third party vendor. Follow the steps below to access your Examity dashboard in your Blackboard course, create your account, and schedule your exams.
You can easily access Examity through Blackboard Learn.
First, select the name of your course.
Next, select the Examity link. Examity can also be accessed through the Tools course menu link.
This will bring you to your Examity dashboard.
From here, you can create or edit your profile and schedule, reschedule or cancel your exam. This is also where you will go to start your exam.
You must complete your profile in order to schedule your exam. Create your Examity profile by selecting “My Profile” from the dashboard.
First, select your time zone. Then upload your picture identification card. Please note, for verification purposes, you will need to bring this ID with you every time you take a test. Next, select and answer three unique security questions.
Finally, enter your keystroke biometric signature.
Once your profile is complete, you are strongly encouraged to run a computer requirements check. To complete a computer requirements check, select the link in the upper right hand corner of the “My Profile” page. You should run the check on the same computer you will be using to take the exam.
When you are ready to schedule an exam, select Schedule Exam on the dashboard.
Select your instructor, course and exam name from the drop down menus. Next, you will see a calendar. Select your preferred date and time. If you are scheduling less than 24 hours in advance, you must select the On-Demand scheduling option. An additional $5 On-Demand scheduling fee will be charged.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your exam, select the Reschedule/Cancel tab on the top navigation bar or on your dashboard. Select the exam you want to reschedule or cancel from the menu that appears. If you cancel an appointment within 24 hours, $5 will be deducted from your refund.
On your Examity dashboard, select Start Exam, then select Connect to Proctor.
Proctor support will walk you through the authentication process. You will be asked to:
- Verify your identity. Make sure you have your photo ID with you. You will be required to hold the ID in front of your webcam. The proctor will need to see both your name and photo clearly.
- Review the exam rules.
- Show your desk and workspace. The proctor will ask you to complete a 360˚ room pan and desk sweep with your webcam. This is to ensure your workspace is clear of any materials unauthorized by your instructor.
Next, answer a security question.
Type your unique biometric signature as per your profile setup.
Agree to the user agreement and exam rules.
Once you have finished the authentication process, select the Begin Exam link. Your proctor will enter the password for you. Once the password has been entered, you are ready to begin!
Please Note: We encourage test-takers to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of their exam. This will allow ample time to connect with your proctor and troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise.
Also, the time it takes you to connect to proctor support and complete the authentication process does NOT count towards your exam duration.
MAKE SURE YOUR POP-UP BLOCKER IS DISABLED. Otherwise, you will not be able to connect with proctor support.
- You must take the exam on a desktop computer or laptop (not a tablet, Chromebook, or cell phone).
- You must have a working built-in or external webcam and microphone.
- Your Internet speed must be at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. Hot spots are not recommended. Determine your Internet speed by running a test at speedtest.net.
- You must disable your browser’s pop-up blocker.
- Phone: 855-392-6489
- Email: email@example.com
- Live Chat: Select the live chat link located at the top and bottom of your Examity portal.
Copyright 2019 Examity®