If your syllabus indicates that your exams can be proctored by an online proctoring service, or that you are required to use an online proctoring service, there are a few things you’ll need to know:
- Examity is WSU’s third party online proctoring service. Examity charges $18 for each proctored exam, and students must pay when scheduling their exam. A $5 On-Demand scheduling fee is charged for scheduling less than 24 hours before the exam. If you cancel an appointment within 24 hours, $5 will be deducted from your refund.
- If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment you must do so before your scheduled time. Please contact Examity Support if you have questions about their refund policy.
- Online proctoring with Examity allows you to take your online exams in a private location with reliable high-speed internet connection.
- You are allowed to use your own computer, equipped with a working webcam, speakers, and microphone, provided it meets Examity’s technical requirements. Go to the Examity Student FAQ’s
- You need to have a reliable Internet connection, and the current version of a recommended browser, such as Chrome.
- You’re supervised by a proctor at another location who can view your computer and surroundings during the exam.
- Examity typically does not proctor paper and pencil exams, unless the instructor of the course has specifically set-up this option before the start of the semester.
- Because academic integrity is important to us, please be aware that online proctoring sessions are recorded.
To get started, visit Preparing for Your Proctoring Session.