Note: For the Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 terms, there is no cost to students for virtual proctoring.
If your syllabus indicates that your exams can be proctored by the virtual proctoring service, or that you are required to use the virtual proctoring service, there are a few things you’ll need to know:
- ProctorU is WSU’s third party virtual proctoring service.
- Virtual proctoring with ProctorU allows you to take your online exams in a private, quiet location with reliable high-speed internet connection.
- You are allowed to use your own computer, equipped with a working webcam, speakers, and microphone, provided it meets ProctorU’s equipment requirements.
- You need to have a reliable Internet connection, and the current version of Chrome.
- Because academic integrity is important to us, please be aware that virtual proctoring sessions are recorded.
- At the end of the exam you will be offered an opportunity to provide feedback to ProctorU via a survey. Note completion of this survey is optional.
To get started, visit Preparing for Your ProctorU Session.