If your syllabus indicates that your exams can be proctored by the virtual proctoring service, or that you are required to use the virtual proctoring service, there are a few things you’ll need to know:
- Proctorio is WSU’s third party virtual proctoring service. Proctorio charges $20 (tax is included) for each proctored exam, and students must pay when taking their exam.
- Virtual proctoring with Proctorio allows you to take your online exams in a private location with reliable high-speed internet connection.
- You are allowed to use your own computer, equipped with a working webcam, speakers, and microphone, provided it meets Proctorio’s minimum system requirements.
- You need to have a reliable Internet connection, and the current version of Chrome.
- You’re supervised by a proctor at another location who can view your computer and surroundings during the exam.
- Proctorio typically does not proctor paper and pencil exams, unless the instructor of the course has specifically set-up this option before the start of the semester.
- Because academic integrity is important to us, please be aware that virtual proctoring sessions are recorded.
To get started, visit Preparing for Your Proctoring Session.